Horizontal Pumping System (HPS)
Flex Flow, a DistributionNOW company, offers a multistage centrifugal pumping system for completion, production, and water management technologies to lower operational risk and improve operational efficiency. The Flex Flow horizontal pumping system (HPS) can be used to optimize water supply, injection, artificial lift, salt water disposal (SWD), and distribution operations. The mobile, trailer-mounted system integrates a surface horizontal pumping system with variable speed drives, surface controls, and automated reporting capabilities.
The Flex Flow mobile HPS can be deployed quickly and without any capital expenditure to support early project commissioning, increase operational capacity or replace failed equipment. Engineered to match flow rate and pressure requirements, the units can connect to existing control systems and are equipped with real-time remote monitoring to support safety shutdowns/alarms in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The Flex Flow HPS system is ideal for all fluid transfer operations. It is powered by electric motors with a variable speed drive, and uses field-proven multistage centrifugal pumps for high pressure and low- to medium-flow transfer and injection. Alternatively, the units can be powered by existing facility electrical power or independently with gen-sets. Engineers using these systems have documented lower maintenance and repair costs, longer run life and greater operating flexibility and efficiency.
A single Flex Flow HPS can be run with the results shown above. Multiple systems may be run in parallel or series and are easily configured in the field. All combinations fit a standard skid. VFD and PLC controls offer additional flow and pressure flexibility.
Flex Flow’s trailer-mounted horizontal pumping system (HPS) has a flexible design, allowing sub-components to be easily interchanged in the field for a wide range of applications. It can be used for single or multiple jet pumps or for a SWD test pump. It is highly mobile and doesn't require much maintenance. The filtration system also keeps impurities from entering the pump or wellbore.
The HPS includes the following components:
- The variable speed drive (VSD) is used to vary the motor speed and can be controlled remotely.
- The VSD also houses a programmable logic controller (PLC), a data process and controller used to produce automated reports; the PLC also contains 16 IO modules and can tie in tank batteries and various transducers for automated controls.
- Customers have web access to cloud-based data collection stored with a third-party company.
- The 40-ft trailer with stabilizers or a variety of permanent installation options allows the HPS to operate as either a permanent or temporary system.
- An electric motor powers the multi-stage centrifugal pump; the motor is a 480-V, 3,500-rpm motor, with three horsepower options—300, 500 and 600 hp depending on the application.
- The thrust chamber carries the thrust load developed by the multistage pump; it connects to the motor shaft on one end and the pump shaft on the other.
- The multistage centrifugal pump consists of stages, each with one impeller and one diffuser.
- Our filtration skid prevents impurities from entering the pump or wellbore.
- Charge pump with 10-, 15- and 25-hp options, providing NPSHr of 20 to 60 psi.
- Trailer-mounted system facilitates rapid response
- Flexible to match rate and pressure requirements
- Lease-to-own or staged purchase options require zero CAPEX
- Field-proven reliability with 24/7 support
- Automated reporting and monitoring
- Salt water disposal (SWD)
- Water transfer
- Frac protection
- Artificial lift
- Water transfer
- NGL and amine plants
- Pipeline integrity
- Crude transfer
- Downstream Refining/Storage
- Salt cavern leaching Storage operations
- Crude transfer Petrochemical plants
- Ports and terminals
- Solution mining
Horizontal pumping system (HPS) for salt water disposal (SWD)
Lower operational risk and improve operational efficiency
The Flex Flow HPS SWD system is a surface horizontal pumping system that is integrated with automated reporting capabilities, variable speed drives, and surface controls. This system offers significant cost and performance advantages over conventional triplex positive displacement pumps. The system uses field-proven multistage centrifugal pumps that are designed for high pressure and low- to medium-flow saltwater transfer and injection. Surface facilities engineers using these systems have lower maintenance and repair costs, longer run life, and greater operating flexibility and efficiency.
The better choice
Reduce well intervention and maintenance downtime
The Flex Flow horizontal pumping system is better than conventional triplex positive displacement pumps because it doesn't have gas locking and solids handling issues. This means that it saves the operator's lease and operating costs, maintains production over a wide range of rates, and reduces well intervention and maintenance downtime.
Rental, sale and service of horizontal pump ("H-Pump") solutions
Flex Flow (a DistributionNOW company) is a leading provider of H-pump solutions for surface applications across the energy industry. Our team of experts provides comprehensive support throughout the life cycle of your completion, production and water management applications.