Material Assets & Inventory Management
DistributionNOW is a leading distributor of products for the energy and industrial industry and an expert in the supply chain, warehouse, and inventory management. We can help you optimize your inventory to sync with your operations, work orders, and maintenance schedules. As well as provide a range of services to help make sure you always have the assets you need, so you can eliminate excess, reduce your inventory costs, and raise productivity. By partnering with DNOW, you are reducing the challenge of having capital tied up in non-core assets such as inventory equipment and supply chain facilities lacking systems, processes, and expertise to manage those non-core assets.
Onsite Supply, Optimized
DNOW streamlines your entire internal supply operation by identifying and valuing your assets and tracking their final disposition, making improvements in your work order procedures, and synching supply to your maintenance programs. We give you accurate visibility into your inventory and integrate all materials management systems so that you can ensure asset availability from high-quality sources, all while reducing overhead.
Our Material Assets and Inventory Management Solutions Include:
- Engaged Demand Planning & Forecasting
- Catalog Development and Management
- Inventory Optimization
- Network Optimization
- Customer Owned Materials
- 2nd Tier VMI Programs
- Point of Need Stock and Job Trailers
- Final Disposition of Materials
Assess and Improve
DNOW asset management experts assess all touchpoints where improvements can be made to ensure inventory integrity:
- Picking and shipping
- Inventory control
- Enterprise-wide surplus materials visibility
- Dead stock
Making changes in any of these areas tends to send a ripple effect that carries improvements throughout your supply chain. DNOW provides ongoing reports and recommendations along with continuous management and monitoring, giving you the agility to make adjustments before a big inventory issue ends up forcing a big write-off.
Managing Stock, a Business Essential
In the common supply chain model for inventory management, the manufacturer, supplier, and customer all stock inventory to minimize the peaks and valleys of material needs and ensure product availability, but it's a different story in the DNOW Supply Chain Services' simplified materials management model. We eliminate your need to incur inventory carrying costs while ensuring materials are where and when they need to be. We accomplish this through a dedicated approach based on your demand planning and forecasting.
What You Can Expect:
- Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Consistent and uninterrupted availability of materials and equipment
- Standardized and improved quality
- Stabilized and improved material costs
- More productivity gains
- Reduced logistics costs and improved safety
- Enhanced production and decreased level of effort (LOE)
Specialized Inventory Management Solutions
From initial request through final item disposition, DNOW provides a comprehensive selection of inventory management solutions. Our specialists are committed to ensuring you have the suitable material where and when you need it.
- Onsite Third Party Consigned Inventory - DNOW works with you in both production or maintenance mode, providing inventories closer to your point of need as well as remote stocking locations.
- Dedicated Support Inventory - DNOW offers our dedicated inventory based on your specific requirements. We invest the resources to help you reduce the capital invested in inventory.
- Client Owned Inventory - DNOW manages customer-owned inventories as part of our onsite warehouse solution; we provide the tech, systems, and people to take care of your assets.