The Lease Automatic Custody Transfer (LACT) unit or Automatic Custody Transfer (ACT) unit is one of the most critical elements in custody transfer for crude oil and petroleum products from the production facilities to trucks, railcars, pipelines or storage tanks.
What is a LACT Unit?
The main objective of LACT unit or LACT skid is to measure the net volume and quality of liquid hydrocarbons and then transfer the produced oil to the pipeline. LACT skids are equipped with a BS&W (base sediment and water) monitor that measures the percentage of sediment and water, allowing only oil with low levels to transfer to the pipeline.
What Sets Us Apart from a Standard LACT unit?
- We are rotating equipment and pump specialists and distributors unlike many “electrical” companies who build LACT’s.
- We have multiple Field Service locations, over 100 service technicians with both pump and electrical expertise
- (2) Large Fabrication Locations with full FAT and Run Test capabilities, in the major Oil plays from Texas to Canada
- We also produce a LACT with a pipeline pump inside the main unit, that boosts pressures to 750 PSI, providing non pulsing, continuous flow into the pipeline
- For the PLC and controls, we offer various different setups
- Either a control rack attached to the outside of the building
- A setup on an attached porch
- Or we can build an integrated or separate unit that can house all the electrical components
- Power Service fabricates our LACT units for API-11N & B31-3 standards, including hydro-testing and radiography.
- All our units are thoroughly tested before leaving our state-of-the-art LACT skid assembly facility and all our cold-weather units are fully insulated in the walls and floor
LACT skid Major Components and Features
We will design and build your unit to fit your specific requirements, while meeting industry standards.
Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Pumps - We offer many options for pumps depending on the best way to optimize your skid package.
- Measurement Equipment - We offer many measurement options for oil, water and gas flows, including: Coriolis, Magnetic, Turbine, and Orifice.
- Pipe, Valves & Fittings (PVF) - We offer many different piping solutions to best optimize your operation.
- Inline Static Mixer
- Air Eliminator Strainer
- Basic Sediment and Water (BS&W)
- Full API-11N compliance
- Integrated pipeline pump
- Truck loading and unloading
- ACT skids
- Multiple meter runs
- Optional enclosure for cold weather packages
|Sizes||2" - 8" Meters|
|Discharge Pressure||1440+ PSIG|