Intrinsic Safety Products
MacLean Electrical is your distributor for intrinsic safety (IS) products that limit current, voltage and total energy delivered to a sensor or any other actuator instrument located in hazardous areas where there is a probability of explosive atmospheres.
Browse MacLean International Group Technical Library
Take a look at our intrinsic safety products overview below or click our technical library to view product details, specifications and images. And if you don’t see what you need just call us to discuss! Our technical library also has an enquiry basket that you can fill with the products you are most interested in – just pop the items in the basket, complete the form and we will send you a quote.
Intrinsic safety products are specifically designed to provide protection and safe operation of electrical equipment in hazardous areas. This is achieved by simplifying circuits, limiting energy and eliminating potential of sparks which may cause ignition in areas with high concentrations of flammable gas or dust.
- Signal conditioning
- I/O systems
- Zener barriers & Surge Protection – intrinsically safe products designed for harsh environments
- All products are appropriately certified to internationally recognised standards - IEC Ex, ATEX/CENELEC, UL, ULC, CSA, FM, SGS, EAC, INMETRO, Chinese (CQST), CCCF, PTB
- All products are appropriately certified for use in industrial areas and IEC Zone 0, 1, 2, 21, 22 &, NEC Class I, Class II, Div 1, Div 2, hazardous areas
- Multiple protection concepts including (Ex e), Explosion Proof (Ex d) and Intrinsic Safety (Ex i)
- IP65/66/67/68 rated / NEMA 4/4X rated as applicable
- Pepperl & Fuchs