Cable Glands, Connectors, Thread Converters & Accessories
MacLean Electrical distributes a whole spectrum of industrial and hazardous area cable glands, connectors, thread convertors and accessories that are designed and developed to protect armoured and unarmoured cable ends. They provide a secure connection to enclosures, electrical equipment, terminals or plugs.
Browse MacLean International Group Technical Library
Take a look at our cable glands, thread converters and accessories overview below or click our technical library to view product details, specifications and images. And if you don’t see what you need just call us to discuss! Our technical library also has an enquiry basket that you can fill with the products you are most interested in – just pop the items in the basket, complete the form and we will send you a quote.
Cable glands are used to ensure, earth continuity, avoid cable being twisted or pulled and provide an airtight seal against dust or moisture. Hazardous area cable glands are designed to terminate cables into flameproof or increased safety equipment in hazardous areas. They provide a weather and gas-proof sealed connection between cable and equipment.
Thread conversion reducers and adaptors offer a flexible solution where the correct gland size differs from the connection thread and available in various thread pitches and material to compliment the gland type that meets your specification.
Cable gland fittings (cord grip, cable strain relief, cable connector or cable fitting) are used to attach and secure the end of an electrical cable to the equipment. MacLean Electrical can provide a gland-fit chart to cross reference the dimensions of the cable we supply against the range of acceptance criteria of the gland type selected. This not only guarantees your gland will fit your cable accurately and safely, but also avoids schedule delays and subsequent costs associated with last minute gland changes during critical stages of installation. We can also provide product awareness training in our in-house training facility.
Within our dedicated in-house training facility, we can arrange extensive product awareness training sessions with manufacturers to cover any of the cable types or glands we supply. Training includes familiarity and understanding of:
- the protection concept of the product
- the importance of correct installation
- general familiarity with installation practices
- followed by a demonstration on how the cable gland is installed
- Cable glands hazardous area
- Cable glands industrial area
- Heavy-Duty connectors
- Ex connectors
- In addition to the glands we hold a full range of accessories to suit your individual site requirements. E.g.
- lock nuts
- earth tags
- thread adaptors & stopping plugs
- Manufactured in a variety of different materials, brass, nickel plated brass, aluminium and stainless steel for use in industrial or hazardous area applications.
- With a wide variety available such as compression type, barrier glands or Cold flow compliant glands for use in hazardous and industrial type applications.
- All products are appropriately certified to internationally recognised standards - IEC Ex, ATEX/CENELEC, UL, ULC, CSA, FM, SGS, EAC, INMETRO, Chinese (CQST), CCCF, PTB
- All products are appropriately certified for use in industrial areas and IEC Zone 0, 1, 2, 21, 22 &, NEC Class I, Class II, Div 1, Div 2, hazardous areas
- Multiple protection concepts including (Ex e), Explosion Proof (Ex d) and Intrinsic Safety (Ex i)
- IP65/66/67/68 rated / NEMA 4/4X rated as applicable
A selection of supplier and manufacturer partnerships
List of partnerships for Europe
- Hawke International
List of partnerships for Australia
- Hawke International